Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I'm Not Game

Posted by Cyfir On 2:43 PM No comments
Recently, I came to the sudden realization that I haven't been a true gamer since I owned a Nintendo 64 back in the day. I am what some would call a casual gamer. I play games to pass time in between productivity. I can't stand to be on break, so I play Uno as a mindless task to stave off boredom. It's not that I don't enjoy gaming, though. I'm just extremely picky. I enjoy innovation and a good story. I enjoy things that entertain my brain. I love Portal and Portal 2 for this very reason.

If I'm going to spend a few hours on something, I want to be totally immersed in to another world. I want my brain to be exercised. I don't want to slump in to lethargy while killing yet another alien with a weapon that hasn't been invented yet. Unfortunately, that's most games. I am not interested in gaming consoles anymore. The real innovation has been occurring on the PC for awhile now, and so much so that consoles have been catering to independent PC developers. So why should I buy a console when I already have the innovative games on my PC?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site search